Constructed as a fine Italianate villa in 1888, the residence has, through a process of meticulous research and forensic conservation, evolved into an elegant and contemporary family home with a rich and freshly interpreted historical narrative.

The substantially retained front section has been conserved and adapted while a contemporary addition stands separated, but artfully intersected with the heritage asset. This project integrates the best of heritage conservation principles with contemporary architectural design, resulting in a sensitive, creative design that reinterprets the former villa as a relevant contemporary home for a professional family.